Tuesday, October 11, 2011

iOS 5

iOS 5 will be officially released on the 12th October, which will be tomorrow for the time zone I am in (+8 GMT).

iOS 5 Countdown - rmblogs

As usual I have to say - without jailbreak, iOS is a total piece of shit (lol). 

With that said of course, I'd hope that an untethered jailbreak will be released in a few hours later after the release of it because the Chronic-Devs have found vulnerabilities on the bootrom and user-land side.

The only thing I am looking forward in iOS 5 is the notification center. I have always loved how Android has it and it is definitely the best way to handle notifications. Also, being jailbroken, developers can create tons of widgets for it which obviously is way better. There are already a few, for example RSSWidget, Twitter, SBSettings, UISettings - all in which a user should have.
SBSettings on notification center
Another to look forward to is the software side updates - the internals I mean. Bug fixes, performance updates and all, with performance being the priority.

The downside of upgrading immediately is the compatibility problems - both maybe App Store Apps and also jailbreak tweaks. But I foresee that they will all be updated very swiftly.